Vera Bradley backpacks are crafted by using 100 percent cotton and they are highly durable. Besides, these bags are available in multiple colors and styles, so you can easily pick up your favorite ones. However, these can’t be washed by using harsh chemicals hence, you need to know how to wash a Vera Bradley backpack properly.
In this write-up, you will get a comprehensive guidelines about keeping your bag clean and removing odors from it. Let’s proceed further to know about its details!
Vera Bradley company
Vera Bradley is an American company that specializes in luggage and handbags. They were founded by Barbara Bradley Baekgaard and Patricia R Miller back in 1982 with the help of their daughter Vera Vera. This family-owned business has now become known for its luxury cotton bag product lines including fashion accessories like clutches among other things but most importantly floral patterns make them stand out even more clearly from any other brand on the market today.
Vera Bradley Products
The Vera Bradley company is well-known for providing fashionable and practical bags that are perfect for every individual. They have backpacks that suit your style, whether you’re a student or professional traveling the world; they’ll find what they need with their diverse selection of duffel bags and tote carriers which can easily adapt from day trips to long hikes.
Vera Bradley has come up with an innovative new idea to use recycled bottles in their backpacks. These purposeful packs are designed for lightweight, water-repellent, and pack the whole day needs of any traveler.
Before cleaning, make sure to remove all the accessories from this backpack. Vera Bradley backpack contains various small pockets for accommodating your essentials and some big pockets for keeping other things.
Therefore, make sure to remove all of the contents so that you don’t have any trouble washing it. Besides, it will be great if you remove as well the solid base of this backpack. However, some backpack base is stitched inside the back so of course, you don’t need to remove that.
How to Wash a Vera Bradley Backpack
Keep in mind that this backpack is prepared by using delicate fabric so it can’t withstand the effect of heavy chemicals. Therefore, you can either use non-chlorine bleach or vinegar for doing the job. Let’s walk through its cleaning process step by step. Here I will also cover how to wash a Vera Bradley campus backpack.
- First of all, check out the instructions for washing your bag which are mentioned in its manual. In case your bag doesn’t have any care instructions, then you can check online to find out its basic details.
- Now shake it to remove any dust, dirt particles, or any other remaining stuff. This will make the cleaning process easy and then you won’t need to pass through its heavy cleaning cycles.
- Besides, it will be safe to keep it inside a pillowcase so that it doesn’t rub against any of the machine parts. Also, the pillow will keep its straps safe and in place so what else you could ask for?
- Now it’s time to wash it and you can use vinegar or any mild detergent for this purpose.
- Afterward, just put it into the washing machine and run a gentle cycle with a slow spin only. It is because this bag doesn’t need any intense cleaning and can’t withstand the effect of heavy wash cycles.
- For drying, you can use any hanger to hang it so that all the water is removed from it through gentle dripping. Note that proper drying is necessary and even low moisture can lead to a bad fragrance or can support mold growth.
- Also, it will be great if you keep any Scotchgarde inside the bag so that you don’t need to wash it very often. Moreover, it will keep your bag safer and cleaner by creating a barrier between the bag and contaminants.
- Finally, keep the cardboard piece inside if you have removed it from the bag at the start of washing.
Adding more perspective to it, there are some materials like wallets or wristlets which cannot be removed from the bag. Therefore, the only way to thoroughly clean them is spot cleaning which I am going to teach you now.
The items required for spot cleaning are given below:
- White washcloth or towel
- Laundry stain remover
- To start the cleaning, make sure these small places are fully empty and don’t contain any items in them.
- Now gently warm the water as it will be more efficient for cleaning purposes. Lukewarm water can better sock the stains hence; these could be removed easily without applying extra pressure.
- Afterward, carefully observe your bag and find out tiny spots/places as these are your main target for spot cleaning. In the beginning, firstly rub these off to remove any loose dirt and then move to the next step.
- Gently rub on these areas along with the addition of laundry stain remover to thoroughly clean them. However, stain remover pens are another great option that has the efficiency of removing small spots.
- Besides, if the stains are stubborn and you are having great difficulty in removing them then take warm soapy water. And keep the bag inside it for almost 20-30 minutes so that you can remove it easily.
- After that, gently massage the stain remover over the spot by using your fingers or any toothbrush.
- Finish this process by flushing clean and cold water until it takes all the remains of soap and stain remover.
- Finally, it’s time to air dry these spots and after that, your bag will be fully cleaned. This is the complete process of how to clean a Vera Barkley backpack at home.
Additionally, the material of the bag is very important in deciding what kind of process you have to use for its cleaning. For instance, some materials cannot be washed in the machine so it will be better to give them only spot treatment.
Meanwhile, if your bag has cardboard inside it then it will not be wise to wash it by using plenty of water. As water or moisture presence can favor the mold’s growth or can lead to off odors. The same how leather also becomes very hard after getting wet so try to keep it as dry as possible.
If you travel very often then there is a great possibility that your bag can get unpleasant smells during traveling. For getting rid of these make a small packet of baking soda and keep these in the bag in various places. This will help in removing the bag from smelling and your bag won’t have any smell in it afterward.
How to Clean a Vera Bradley Backpack
How to wash Vera Bradley’s purse with cardboard?
If you want to wash Vera Bradley purse with cardboard, then you need to follow these steps:
01: First of all, you need to remove all the contents from the purse.
02: Then, you need to fill a sink with lukewarm water and add a mild detergent to it.
03: After that, you need to submerge the purse in the water and scrub it gently with a soft brush.
04: Finally, you need to rinse the purse with clean water and let it air dry.
These are the simple steps that you need to follow to wash Vera Bradley’s purse with cardboard.
Can you put the Vera Bradley backpack in the washer?
It is not advisable to put the Vera Bradley backpack in the washing machine as the cotton fabric can be damaged by the harsh chemicals used in detergents. Moreover, the straps and other hardware parts of the bag can also get damaged during the washing process. Hence, it is better to wash the Vera Bradley backpack by hand.
How do you wash Vera Bradley bags?
Washing Vera Bradley bags are quite simple and easy. You just need to use mild soap and lukewarm water to wash the bag. Moreover, you can also use a soft brush to scrub the dirt and stains from the bag. However, you should avoid using harsh chemicals or detergents as they can damage the fabric of the bag.
Can you use vinegar to clean Vera Bradley backpack?
Yes, you can use vinegar to clean Vera Bradley backpack. Vinegar is a natural disinfectant and it can also remove tough stains from the bag. Moreover, it will also help in removing bad odors from the bag.
Can you put a Vera Bradley backpack in the dryer?
It is not advisable to put Vera Bradley backpack in the dryer as it can damage the fabric of the bag. Moreover, the straps and other parts of the bag can also get damaged during the drying process. Hence, it is better to air dry Vera Bradley backpack.
Vera Bradley is a very adorable bag that comes in vibrant colors and beautiful patterns. However, the presence of stains over them can spoil their beauty so comes the need of knowing how to wash Vera Bradley’s backpack. I hope this write-up will help you in finding the answer to your queries but if you still have any then feel free to ask.