How to Put Patches on a Backpack (4 Easiest Ways)
You’ve come to the right place if you want to learn How to Put Patches on a Backpack, whether you are just looking for some creative ways to customize your backpack, or you are hoping to fix a hole or weak spot.
Almost by nature, we become bored with items we use frequently, and backpacks are no exception. The following guide can help you achieve your desired goal, no matter if you just purchased a new backpack and want to redesign it or if you would like to make your old pack look new again.
No matter what your bag’s condition is, this tutorial will show you how to patch any damaged areas so that you can use it one more time.
You have a number of options when it comes to choosing patches: you can use one from your personal collection, use the badges you have obtained, or you can find one that suits your tastes and personality.
How to Put Patches on a Backpack
There are various ways to attach patches to a backpack. In this article, we will provide you with four quick and easy ways to put a patch on a backpack.
How to Put a Velcro Patch on a Backpack
It is one of the easiest ways to decorate your backpack. You can purchase some artistic velcro patches in an online or offline shop. There are a few things you’ll need to attach a backpack velcro patch:
- Artistic Velcro Patches (see on Amazon)
- Hook And Loop Strip (see on Amazon)
- Examine the location on your backpack where you would like to apply patches.
- Take a strip of hook and loop tape, measure it to the size of the patch, and cut small pieces to cover the required area on the patch.
- Start by removing the adhesive on the sticker from the strip and attaching it to the backpack. The second part of the hook and loop strip is used to stick the patch in place.
- Place the patch on your backpack in such a way that both sides of the Velcro line up properly. Now you have completed your work.
How to Iron on a Patch to a Backpack
You can apply this method even if you are a novice since it does not require specific skills. It is only necessary for you to follow the best practices to apply a patch effectively to your backpack.
- The iron-on patches
- Portable iron
- Towel or press cloth
- Ironing table or any hard material
- Choose an ironing table or other heat-resistant surface.
- Ensure the patch area on your backpack is smooth and free of wrinkles.
- Make sure your iron is ready, and set the heat accordingly for your backpack’s material, but don’t use the steam setting.
- Heat the area of the pack where the patch will be placed.
- Place the patch on the selected area and cover it with a cloth or towel. Place the iron on it and press down gently for 20 seconds.
- You now need to iron the area in a circular motion in order to apply heat evenly.
- Ensure that the patch is firmly attached to the backpack; if not, place the cloth over it again and iron it for 30 seconds but don’t iron it in a circular motion.
- It’s not necessary, but you can also iron the other side of the bag where your patch is located. During this process, you should be extra careful not to wrinkle the attached patch.
- Allow the patch to cool for about 60 seconds.
- The patch should be cleaned (if it has any coating).
Read: How to Fix a Backpack Strap
How to Sew a Patch on a Backpack
One of the easiest ways to attach a patch to a backpack is by sewing it. When you do this, you don’t need to worry about the material of your backpack and the patch you will use. Whether you prefer to use a sewing machine or hand-sew, your patch can be made the same way.
- Choose a patch
- Safety pin
- Ensure the fabric on which you will sew the patch is thoroughly clean.
- Choose a thread of your choice.
- Apply the patch to the affected area and attach it securely with safety pins.
- Now insert the needle and begin to sew.
- Before cutting the thread, stitch twice the final loop of the circle.
- Be careful not to cut the thread too close to the last loop.
- When passing the needle through thick patches, use a thimble.
- Use seam rippers or tweezers to remove stitches from a patch to avoid scratching the patch.
Read: How to Wash a Jansport Backpack
Attach Your Patch with Bond
There is another way you can attach the patch you want on your backpack if you’re not comfortable with the iron and sewing method. Simply use the bond method, which is simple and easy.
- Any quality bond
- First, place the patch onto the area where you want it and outline the area with a pencil.
- Apply a generous amount of bond to the marked area of your bag and to the back of the patch.
- Apply the patch to the exterior of the pack, applying enough pressure with a smooth, heavy tool for about a minute or two to ensure it is stuck well.
- A heavy instrument can also be placed on the patch and kept there for several hours.
- This method is most appropriate for nylon fabrics.
Recommended: Gorilla Super Glue Gel
How do you attach a patch to a backpack?
There are a few ways that you can attach a patch to your backpack. You can use fabric glue, iron-on adhesive, or sew the patch by hand. If you choose to sew the patch on, you will need to use a needle and thread that is strong enough to go through the fabric of the backpack and the patch.
Can you iron a patch onto a backpack?
Yes, you can iron a patch onto a backpack. In fact, this is one of the easiest and most effective ways to attach a patch. Be sure to use a pressing cloth between the iron and the patch to protect it from heat damage.
Can I put a patch on my backpack without sewing it?
Yes, there are several ways to attach a patch without sewing it on. You can use fabric glue, iron-on adhesive, or even Velcro.
We hope this article has helped answer your question: How to Put a Patch on a Backpack and made it easier for you.
When it comes to attaching a patch to your bag, there are many ways to do it. It’s up to you to make a choice, as you are the master of your own style. Nevertheless, the sewing method is long-lasting, without a doubt.
Based on these important points outlined in this write-up, you can confidently pick the one technique you want to go with.